Sweet Potato & Red Lentil Soup (V)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 Rugani Carrots, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 200 g ZZ2 Romanita Tomatoes
- 500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small blocks
- 200 g red lentils
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 750 ml Rugani Carrot and Turmeric Juice
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, and cook for 4-5 minutes over low heat or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another minute.
- Add the spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes, lentils, stock, juice, and stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for a further 20-25 minutes.
- When the cooking time has elapsed blend three ladles in a blender until smooth and return to the pot. Stir through to thicken the soup slightly.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with freshly chopped coriander, toasted pumpkin seed, and toasted bread.