Napoletana Pasta with ZZ2 Tomato Juice
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped and crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 250 ml ZZ2 100% Romanita Tomato Juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 400g penne pasta
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent.
- Add garlic, simmer for 1 minute then add tomato paste.
- Simmer, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato, ZZ2 100% Romanita Tomato Juice and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add oregano and basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions until tender.
- Drain and toss the pasta through the sauce.
- Top with freshly chopped basil and olive oil.