Chicken, sweet potato & black bean chilli with carrot juice
By Simone Kruger, Yellow Papaya for Rugani Juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp dried red chili
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried origanum
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cups Rugani Carrot Juice
- 1 cup water vegetable stock
- In a large pot sauté the chicken and onion in oil unit the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili, garlic, cumin, coriander and origanum and cook one minute longer.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, Rugani Juice, stock, sweet potato and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for another 20 minutes or until the sweet potato soft.
- Add water if the chilli becomes too thick.
- The end consistency should be that of a stew.
- Serve with avocado, sour cream and corn chips.